[NEBULA] License expiration for NCC and NSS?

Chacha
Chacha Posts: 11  Freshman Member
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi,
I found the license expiration date of NCC is different from NSS-IDP.
What's the difference? and What will happen when one of them expired?
doivqghuufvj.png

All Replies

• Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2017
    Hi Chacha

Welcome back to our nebula forum.
    Let me explain the discrepancy between them. If NCC license is expired, NCC functions will downgrade to free basic NCC services. That means only basic configure such as SSID setting can be applied on NCC. For more information, You can refer to FAQ -> License->What happens when license expire?

On the other hand, If NSS-IDP license is expired, features of IDP and Applications Patrol will be out of service.

Hope this is useful and clear to you. :)
  • JohnM
    JohnM Posts: 21  Freshman Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @Nebula_James , but as in Chacha's case, what will happen to the IDP and Application Patrol from 2017-09-04 onwards? same case, what will happen if the NSS-IDP license expires but NCC is still working?
  • Zyxel_CSO
    edited March 2017
    Hi JohnM and Chacha

Let me interpret them more explicitly.

Since NSS-IDP and NCC licenses are standalone, they won't affect each other. That means if NCC expires, all NSS-IDP functions can still work properly.

On the other hand, if NSS-IDP expires, on Organization > License Management , Nebula Security Service License will
    show expired status after 2017-09-04 onwards as the below example, and traffic summary will be unable to display on
    Site-Wide > Dashboard. Likewise, even though you can configure APP Patrol and IDP, the services will not apply on NCC.
    3ktb6xhvblzf.png

1vrba22pybqi.png

Hope this is more clear to you :)
  • Chacha
    Chacha Posts: 11  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Hi @Nebula_James,
    Likewise, even though you can configure APP Patrol and IDP, the services will not apply on NCC.

For the NCC remains but NSS expired case,
    Does that mean that I can save the configuration but it won't apply to the devices from NCC?
    or the configuration still works, only the result won't send back to NCC? (so no result shows on dashboard)

Am I right for this? It's still a little bit confused.....
  • Zyxel_CSO
    edited February 2017
    Hi @Chacha

Yes, if NSS-IDP expires, you can still save the configuration but it won't implement the settings of APP Patrol and IDP to the device from NCC.

Nebula Tips & Tricks