[NEBULA] How to change location of my devices between different floor plan?

JohnM
JohnM Posts: 21  Freshman Member
First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi, I'm John Mester from Hungary, this is my first post here.
I got 5 NAPs, 2 NSGs and 2NSWs and would like to distribute them among the four floor plans I already uploaded. I'm having a hard time to allocate them, can anyone guide me?

Comments

• Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited February 2017
    Hi JohnM

Welcome to our Nebula Forum. We have a detailed step-by-step information on FAQ to guide you how to update floor plans and distribute your devices among different floor plans. FAQ > Configurations > How to change a location of my devices between different floor plans?
    The example is to upload two floor plans ZHQ A and ZHQ B at first then relocate a registered nebula device(ex:NSG100) from ZHQ B to ZHQ A. Besides, if your have more than one floor plans located in the same place, just click the "Floor plan" button on the top of the map, you will view categories of devices and device distribution among different floor plans. Last but not least, when you select one floor plan, the others will be invisible. Hope this has be useful and clear to you :)
  • JohnM
    hey @Nebula_James
    I did try the steps you mentioned in the FAQ and I was able to place my devices, but I would say that switching between Place device on map and Edit floor plans tabs is kind of odd.
    Any plan of improvement about this?
  • Zyxel_CSO
    Zyxel_CSO Posts: 375  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
    edited March 2017
    @JohnM
    The behavior to change the device among different floor plans may not be intuitive and lack user-friendly. I will have an internal discussion about function improvement and PM to you if there is any update :)
  • JohnM
    Thanks @Nebula_James , looking forward for good news

Nebula Tips & Tricks