I've added an AP to my account but it's not showing as being online even though it is and it works

Alcapone
Alcapone Posts: 5
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Nebula
Hi,

I've added an AP to my account and it shows as off-line, even though it is on-line. 

I'm guessing this is because it is also assigned to another account, to which i don't have access.  I have recently taken over the IT Manager job on the campus and have no access to the previous IT Managers account at https://nebula.zyxel.com (and have no idea of the account name).

How can I resolve this?

Mark.

All Replies

• WebberIT
    WebberIT Posts: 53  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
    Where did you see it's online and it's offline at the same time? It doesn't make sense because you can't register one device to different sites at the same time. (unless a bug)

• Having figured out a bit more, I presume It's offline in the account I set up but is online in another account (I can connect to it and access the Internet).

What's happened is the previous IT Manager left without giving details of his account, so I've had to set up a new account and need to set up the devices in the new account.

• WebberIT
    WebberIT Posts: 53  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment Ideas master
    having connection doesn't mean it's online, thier APs basically provide wifi service even if it loses connection to the cloud controller, which is quite nice.

I presume It's offline in the account I set up 
    did you create an Organziation and site, then having the AP registered into your site?

• WebberIT said:
    did you create an Organziation and site, then having the AP registered into your site?
    I did create the organization and site, then add the AP to it, but it insists it's offline.  I have also added a new AP which is working fine.
  • Zyxel_Dean
    Zyxel_Dean Posts: 237  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Alcapone
    Were you able to check if the device is accessible by LAN? It is possible the management IP of the AP does not have internet connection.
    You can either reboot the device for it to get a new IP, or try scanning your local network for the device.
    Here's how to scan it, you can connect your laptop/PC to the same LAN, download ZON utility and scan on the network see if it appears and along with it the LAN IP of the AP.
    Download link here:https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/Zyxel-ONE-Network-Utility-ZON-Utility/

Nebula Tips & Tricks