USG 1100 and Zywall 1100 - used together for device HA Pro

Options
imaohw
imaohw Posts: 123  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer
edited April 2021 in Security
Can a USG 1100 and a Zywall 1100 be used together for Device HA Pro.  Will the configuration be sync'd or are they considered different models.

If they are considered different models, why is that.  

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,296  Zyxel Employee
    Options

Hi @imaohw,

The running firmware version on the active device must be exactly the same as that on the passive device.

The firmware ID for USG1100 and ZyWALL 1100 are different. Please use two devices with the same model to deploy HA Pro. 

USG1100 - 4.31(AAPK.0)

ZyWALL 1100 - 4.31(AAAC.0)

• imaohw
    imaohw Posts: 123  Ally Member
    edited October 2018
    Options
    In an earlier question I posted you responded that the two devices were identical except for the first years licenses being bundled with the USG.

Why then for Device HA Pro do you treat them as different models?  I've looked at the config files for both devices and the only difference is the header.

I have a USG 1100 that I no longer use the licenses on.  So it is effectively a Zywall 1100.  Why do I need to purchase another USG 1100 with bundled licenses I do not need just so that I can implement Device HA Pro?
  • techie123
    Options
    I think the device HA pro feature is device and firmware specific. That's why I think you wouldn't be able to do that with two different device. I also agree with you and also don't know why they brought two different devices where there is no actual differences between those two.

Security Highlight