Is there really a limit of 20 Static IPs???

itxnc
itxnc Posts: 98  Ally Member
First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector
edited April 2021 in Nebula
I'm starting to have serious misgivings about buying these NSG50 gateways instead of USG40s. First I discover you can't apply different Content Filter/App Patrol profiles to different networks.

Now I'm trying to setup a network with a number of existing static IP devices and I get an error saying the limit is 20 items? Seriously??? Is there no way to configure more than that? Why such an arbitrary limit?

And why is the default font/view such you can't see the whole IP and MAC in the form? Its so tedious having to select and shift to make sure the data was entered correctly. If I zoom the page in a lot I manage to get MOST of it visible, but the last octet of the MAC never is.

Comments

• CrazyTacos
    CrazyTacos Posts: 53  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    It's annoying but if you can connect your hosts under different VLAN interfaces, then that should allow you to set more static host addresses.

And I totally agree with the ip/mac field being too small... There is definitely room for improvement.
  • Nebula_Bayardo
    Nebula_Bayardo Posts: 179  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment

Hi @itxnc and @CrazyTacos

The entries for DHCP static entries have been expanded. Now it will follow according what the NSG mode supports:

NSG50:64

NSG100:96

NSG200:256

NSG300:300

Hope this helps you ?

Nebula Tips & Tricks