SBG3600 goes off every 7 hours since upgrade V1.00(AAKO.9)

jdecastr
jdecastr Posts: 6
First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
Hello, I recently upgrade my SBG3600-N with V1.00(AAKO.9). I use it in a network with a zabbix pooling and I can see now that every 7 hours, that the router doesn't respond to any request (icmp, http, flow routing ) for about 1 or 2 minutes.
Coming back to V1.00(AAKO.6) and this problem disapear.

Trouble known with AAKO.9 ?
Thanks for helping
Jacques

Comments

• Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,280  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @jdecastr ,

So far we haven't received the similar issue.

We connect one laptop to LAN of SBG3600-N with firmware 1.00(AAKO.9) and the default configuration file.

Ping 8.8.8.8 and collect packet capture over 12 hours.

There is no ping loss (0%).

We didn't get the same symptom as you mentioned "the router doesn't respond to any request (icmp, http, flow routing ) for about 1 or 2 minutes every 7 hours."

• Hi, 
    I send you informations by private message.
    Finally, I decide to make a reset factory, and rewrite all my configuration manually. 
    And it seems to work better : no more problem.
    Seems that my configuration backup was not compatible with the new firmware.
    Thanks.
  • Hello, it comes, back ! I have schedule a automatic reboot every monday at 7 AM. Yesterday, the router has rebooted at this time and from there, the router is now going off every 7 hours. Here is the copy of my Zabbix supervision showing no problem between new configuration and the schedule reboot.

I have put off the scheduling, hoping it will resolve the problem. Please check reboot schedule function, it might comes from there.

Thanks

• Putting off the reboot scheduling seems to resolv the problem but, the router is now unable to synchronize with NTP

I get this messages in logs : 

2018 Jan 1 02:47:34

NTP

notice

Unsynchronized with ntp1.tummy.com

2018 Jan 1 02:47:17

NTP

notice

Unsynchronized with clock.via.net

Could you try configuring reboot schedule to check there is not a bug around this in the firmware ?

How can I force resynchronize NTP ? Configuring a new NTP server doesn't resolv ?

Thanks.

• Zyxel_Vic
    Zyxel_Vic Posts: 281  Zyxel Employee
    @jdecastr
    In my testing, the NTP can successfully update after the scheduling reboot. What firmware version are you using and what if you change the ntp server url, can it help??
  • Firmware in the title of the ticket  =) AAKO.9
    i have  tried many ntp server even using IP address 
    the unsynchronize message doesnt seems to tell that the router was unable to synchronize : One Time I forgot a dot in a Ip adress (so i generate à Wrong format), after Saving the router said Unsynchronize with 60.1020.58 !

Loosing ntp synchronization was after my famous black-out every 7 hours 

as as you can see on m’y zabbix logs
    - reinstall (test factory + Manuel confit) saturday in the afternoon 
    - scheduling reboot every monday at 7am
    - Monday at 7am the router reboot
    - 7 hours later and all 7 other hours, i loose for few minutes the view of my router (http and routing)

Since i am unable to synchronize
    The disable scheduling reboot resolv : loosing view to the router 
    but didnt resolv ntp  synchronization 
    I am going to try to reset and reconfigure the router without reboot scheduled : hoping it will be more stable

• Zyxel_Vic
    Zyxel_Vic Posts: 281  Zyxel Employee
    Hi @jdecastr
    My mistake (missed the version in the subject). I also did the same test on AAKO.9, the main difference is that I don't have zabbix server to poll on the device. 
    In my testing, I'm using the ETH WAN port to connect to the DHCP server, manually configure the rebooting schedule in the GUI. After a while the device rebooted, I can see the NTP was synced. 

It will be helpful if you can capture the packets during the schedule rebooting time to analysis further. 
  • I am not a expert of wireshark, but I have finally found a solution...well a work around. I have configure a NTP adress which is my LAN, and now NTP synchronize. It looks like NTP protocol is unable to request by WAN port (ping to NTP server through WAN works fine).
    If you dont have a zabbix, it may be interesseting to ping the device through a loop shell script, and check that you don't loose ping packet's. 

Security Highlight