USG110: how to enable and configure a reporting system

Milos
Milos Posts: 20  Freshman Member
Friend Collector First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security
I was trying to read documents and google about a report solution for Zyxel USG 110.
Our goal is to have some reporting on the internet usage in our office: which IP was accessing which website, top users of social media websites etc...

I first found the VRPT 4.0, tried to install it on a Windows machine, but no logs are seen there. Should I buy a license for one device only? IF so, how to do it as it seems the VRPT 4.0 is not able to communicate with the myzyxel.com server to register it.

Then I found something about the "Enable Content Filter Report Service" in the content filter menu, note that we have a valid content filter 2.0 license. This option is enabled, also the "Enable Content Filter Category Service" is enabled. When I click on the Report Serverit opens https://portal.myzyxel.com/ and I cannot find any report information there, nor a report interface.

Could someone help me please?

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Milos  

There is no new version for VRPT server for a long time.

The upcoming reporter server is named SecuReporter.

It is a cloud based server, and able to analysis the traffic/internet threat by source IP address.

According CF report server, You can find the report server by this steps:

(1)   Login to Myzyxel.com.

(2)   Go to Device Management > My devices > Click “MAC address” of your device, and then you will see “Link to CF”.

Then you will redirect to CF report server.

If you would like to view content filter report, you have to create a CF profile and apply to Security policy first.

Then report server will record query result from your device.

• Milos
    Milos Posts: 20  Freshman Member
    Friend Collector First Comment
    Thank you, was able to find it. Is there some documentation on how CF works and how to generate reports?
  • Hello! I have configured everything according instruction, but with no result. 

• sk8erbender
    sk8erbender Posts: 74  Ally Member
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Comment
    Hello! I have configured everything according instruction, but with no result. 

I have the same all reports are empty( both on USG60W and USG310 )
  • Zyxel_Emily
    Zyxel_Emily Posts: 1,278  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @alextelesh, @sk8erbender,

If you're using HTTPS domain filter to block websites, the blocked logs are not sent to the CF report server.

Because the websites are not full URL path, the blocked logs are not sent to the report server.

We will enhance the feature in future release.

Security Highlight