Sascha_Walther Posts: 17  Freshman Member
First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2021 in Security

Hello,

i have Trouble with Funktion after Firmware upgrade. My config ist

WAN1: Unity Media (cable)
WAN 2: VDSL
OPT/WAN3: LTE (off net right now)

So i do an Aktiv/Aktiv WRR over WAN1 and WAN2 for incoming and outgoing traffic. After upgrade vom

4.30 (AAAA.0) to 4.31 or then to 4.32 the LB work not right anymore. With 4.31 it is not possible to get traffic to the WAN2. Not with second App from one PC not with 2nd PC.

With 4.32 Funktion is coming back to get traffic to both WAN IF with different PC.

But i'm missing like on FW4.30 when a multi-session App or Speedtest was able to use BOTH WAN IF at the same time.

Zyxel told me that LB to both WAN-IF is no target of design and there is no faiture if this wont work any more.

Do anybody see similar Prolems or a solution?

Thx, cheers

Sascha

Accepted Solution

All Replies

• PeterUK
    PeterUK Posts: 2,651  Guru Member
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

try this speed test as it test with many IP's

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

• Sascha_Walther
    Helo,

sorry I opend second Thread, but I explained there more detailed the problem...

https://businessforum.zyxel.com/discussion/2310/zywall-110-trunk-load-sharing

Maybe have a look to understand my problem which already exists in 4.33

• Sascha_Walther

@Zyxel_Stanley  

Hi @Sascha_Walther

In 4.30 and 4.31 firmware, the routing traffic will transmit by WAN1 or WAN2 interface randomly.

In 4.32 design, If the sessions with the same source IP and destination IP, then  routing will keeping on the same WAN interface in a period time.

So as you mentioned on Speedtest, the traffic will keeping on signal WAN but not multi-WAN.

I understand and this is exactly my problem. Why changed this? Or other question why is this not an option to choose how to work?

Now it is not possible to use mutli-session apps like ftp etc. over more then one connection. :(

Thanks for answering
    Sascha
  • Zyxel_Charlie
    Zyxel_Charlie Posts: 1,034  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary Friend Collector First Answer First Comment
    @Sascha
    Regarding to this case,
    I would like to move your request to idea section.
    Charlie

Security Highlight