USG20W-VPN: Problems establishing Wifi connection / spontaneous reboots

All Replies

• Rigo
    Rigo Posts: 6
    First Comment
    janatajan said:
    Client is furious and I have to buy another device to replace this USG20W-VPN
    This is a big issue for little guys like us, we believe in ZYDEL products but quality control just has to be BETTER. Thanks Zyxel_Charlie for being here and helping us, really appreciated--its been a couple days since I installed V4.38(ABAR.0)ITS-WK19-r93724 from Gdrive link ;) and so far so good.
    At $200-250 20W price is ok, next up 40W $400, 60W $600 and so on just gets way out of reach for customers--and could you imagine if those models had firmware issues... ouch that would not look good on US and a quick way to look for other brand.
    I would like to continue to purchase and install the 20W but these issues related to firmware and Wifi just have to stop---either that or I am going to purchase non wireless box and install reliable APs as I was doing before.
  • Rigo
    First Comment
    janatajan said:
    This is a big issue for little guys like us, we believe in ZYDEL products but quality control just has to be BETTER. Thanks Zyxel_Charlie for being here and helping us, really appreciated--its been a couple days since I installed V4.38(ABAR.0)ITS-WK19-r93724 from Gdrive link ;) and so far so good.
    At $200-250 20W price is ok, next up 40W $400, 60W $600 and so on just gets way out of reach for customers--and could you imagine if those models had firmware issues... ouch that would not look good on US and a quick way to look for other brand.
    I would like to continue to purchase and install the 20W but these issues related to firmware and Wifi just have to stop---either that or I am going to purchase non wireless box and install reliable APs as I was doing before.
  • Rigo
    First Comment
    janatajan said:
  • Rigo
    First Comment
    janatajan said:
  • Nikk
    Nikk Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Hello.
    I use USG20W-VPN, the firmware "V4.38 (ABAR.0) ITS-WK19-r93724" is now installed
    I have a 5GHz profile selected and if I go to "Monitor - Wireless - SSID Info" then in this menu 2.4GHz and 5GHz are swapped and it shows that there are clients on 2.4GHz and not on 5GHz. If you click on 2.4GHz, it will be transferred to the empty list, and if you click on 5GHz, a small "No Data" window will be displayed.
    This error has been noticed since 4.35.

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Nikk

USG20W-VPN has only 1 radio. So it can only broadcasting 2.4G or 5G radio in the same time.

If you would like to use 2.4G and 5G in the same time, you can consider attach another management AP in your environment.

• Nikk
    Nikk Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Please forgive me if I didn’t express myself correctly.
    I am using google translate.
    I do not want to use 2.4GHz and 5GHz at the same time.
    I want to say that there are errors in the firmware interface since version 4.35.
    This error is located in the menu: Monitor - Wireless - SSID Info
    In this menu, the columns of the radio profiles are interchanged for some reason.
    I have an active 5GHz profile now

• Zyxel_Stanley
    Zyxel_Stanley Posts: 1,361  Zyxel Employee
    First Anniversary 10 Comments Friend Collector First Answer

Hi @Nikk

Your WiFi channel is working on 153/139 which are belonging to 5G band. (2.4G channel is between 1~13)

It is display error on SSID info. It will resolve in next release firmware. Thanks for your feedback. :+1:

• Usuario
    Usuario Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment
    I have the firewall USG20W-VPN and 4.38(ABAR.0). The 2.4G wifi has a lot of micro cuts in it after the day, I have tried different channels and configurations.

Do you have any firmware that fixes the problem?

Thank you.

• Usuario
    Usuario Posts: 2
    Friend Collector First Comment

Hi @Nikk

Your WiFi channel is working on 153/139 which are belonging to 5G band. (2.4G channel is between 1~13)

It is display error on SSID info. It will resolve in next release firmware. Thanks for your feedback. :+1:

Can you look at this for me? Please.

I have the firewall USG20W-VPN and 4.38(ABAR.0). The 2.4G wifi has a lot of micro cuts in it after the day, I have tried different channels and configurations.

Do you have any firmware that fixes the problem?

Thank you.

Security Highlight