Dear Nebula fellows,
We have an exciting news to share with our beloved Nebula community – the new version of Nebula has just arrived! As our commitment to ensure that our users have a positive experience discovering the benefits of using Nebula in cloud networking management, we make sure that we continue to develop new features that are customer-centric and easy-to-use. Thus, in this latest release, we’ve rolled out several important features that will enhance your networking management. The new key features include:
- The Wireless health monitor offers a competitive advantage by enabling users to automatically analyze the network, pinpoint the problematic connection, and optimize the performance of connected access points.
- Facebook WiFi for businesses that want to use the social media portal to connect with guest users and increase marketing possibilities
Also, Zyxel has expanded the Nebula portfolio once again by adding six new access points into the product family recently. Here are some key features in this new addition:
- The new APs are added to WAC6100 and WAC6500 series with the additional models that are suitable for outdoor environments in the latter’s series, totaling up to 34 devices in the Nebula’s cloud family.
- The APs are equipped with tri-mode management functionality, giving the users the freedom to switch between standalone, controller-managed, and cloud-managed modes.
- Each of the NebulaFlex Pro APs comes with a complimentary one-year subscription of the Professional Pack license, allowing the users – both new and existing, to not only get to explore the full scope of Nebula’s cloud services, but also experience the maximum benefits of what the software has to offer!
**Additionally you can check the detailed upgrades on Release Note**
This article is shown you how to switch AP to Nebula from on-premises controller. Please follow these steps to migrate your AP to the cloud and enjoy managing your network anywhere and anytime.
Apply to WAC6103D-I, WAC6502D-E, WAC6502D-S, WAC6503D-S, WAC6552D-S, WAC6553D-E
Go to Nebula Control Center to register device first.
(Check out the video here if you are not familiar with Nebula. https://youtu.be/axxkUMYdLeU)
Step2: Check Firmware Updating mode. If Auto mode is configured, please skip Step4.
Step3: Check latest firmware version and apply the new firmware. Then the AP firmware on controller will download the latest V5.50 firmware version.
Step4: Upgrade AP firmware manually.
(Firmware upgrade has been configured as auto mode please skip this step.)
Step5: Click Nebula icon to steer AP to NCC
Step6: Before moving to NCC, please configure the AP interface first.
Login NCC to manage your AP. Then you can refer following video to finish whole configuration.
(Zyxel NebulaFlex Pro AP tutorials: How to switch AP to Nebula from on-premises controller)
21 June 2019 — To further improve “SecuReporter”, we developed Archive Logs Download. Starting from ZyWALL firmware release version ZLD 4.32, you can enjoy this great feature.
SecuReporter now supports:
- Archive logs download
ZyWALL series send the logs to SecuReproter for analytics. Log archiving is the process of moving ZyWALL logs that are no longer actively used to the cloud storage for long-term retention. Archive logs is important and must be retained for future reference or regulatory compliance.
How to Download?
In Logs>Log Download> Create Target, you can view a list of ZyWALL device logs
1. Select the time period and then click Search button
2. Tick the checkbox of desired logs and then click Create Target button
Note: SecuReporter will automatically delete all logs that are older than the length of the supported contract.
In Logs>Log Download> Download Target,
3. Select the logs you want to download and the logs are in Ready To Download status
4. Click Download Target button, then the zip files will be saved.
Download Private Date Mapping
If data protection policy of your device is Partially Anonymous, please also click Download Private Data Mapping button to help you map personal information with original log data.
Firmware & Services
SecuReporter 30-day trial version ship with the following ZyWALL series:
If you want to learn more about SecuReporter, you may download the user’s guide from:
• Product Material Downloads
• Download Library
• SecuReporter Dashboard > Help > Online Documents
To access SecuReporter Portal: https://secureporter.cloudcnm.zyxel.com/